Monday, March 17, 2014

Entrepreneurs Unite!

This week I went to Digital Fashion TO at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was interesting to hear the following line up describe their triumphs and struggles breaking into the competitive fashion market. The key note speaker was Jodi Goodfellow. She has an intimidatingly long list of a accomplishments which include being a high school teacher in Toronto and starting her own business Fashion Forward. Another stand out was Andrew from Man Up who is going to be on Dragons Den! He said we legally was not allowed to talk about the shows results but he also said he was no longer financing the company alone… I know I will be watching.


Networking is one of the most intimidating parts of these events. Katherine and I had a glass of wine and went to our seats while Jen and Kaelin shopped around at the Jewelry booths. Katherine and I were lucky a blogger took it upon herself to learn a little more about us. She turned about in her seat and introduced herself to us. I admire her upfront style. 

Jen, Kaelin, Katherine and I

I am grateful Kaelin introduced me to this event. Everyone you meet knows something you don't so its important to get out there!

Always Ayr <3

No comments:

Post a Comment