Monday, June 20, 2016

Scuba Diver E!

One of the things we did in Santorini was get our scuba diving certification. I was not convinced at first but in the end I am thrilled I did it! The Atlantis Dive Center in Oia was amazing to us.

Our instructor Sophia was a super nice girl, very patient with me who is some what less then graceful above water. I found the hardest part was anything out of the water. The first day we were on a beach shore practicing skills and I did not have the strength to fight the waves and focus on the skills being taught. Luckily the next day we came back and did two deep sea dives. The tank was lighter in water and it was more fun to explore shipwrecks then rocks on the shore.

There was a 50 question multiple choice test we had to take and we are PADI certified! When you're on vacation and you have to take a test in really brings you back to reality and you realize how lazy your brain cells are on vacation.





I'm exciting to dive again in a location that is more friendly to underwater life. Because of the volcano in Santorini there is not much food underwater for fish.

See you underwater!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment